Computing and Networking Center
Computing and Networking Center (CNC) provides an integrated environment of information technology networks that support and enhance the academic activities of students, faculty, staff and administration.
Academic computing capability is provided by numerous laboratories, and campus-wide networked facilities. All laboratories are networked and include access to local and remote servers as well as the Internet. All University buildings and labs are connected with a FIBER Optics network. E-mail services are available to all faculty, students and staff.
CNC services include support and maintenance of central computing server systems, implementation, support and maintenance of campus networks, support for personal computing and personal computer applications, end user training, consulting, negotiation of software, hardware and maintenance contracts for campus-wide use, computer repair services, and the purchase of computer software and supplies.
- DU stresses the integration of technology in various educational and research activities.
- The mission of the Computing and Networking Center (CNC) is to provide up-to-date and cutting edge quality Information Technology and Telecommunications services, support and training to the academic, non-academic and student community in Dhofar University.
Play a leading role in integrating the University’s IT infrastructure and achieve a competitive edge over its peer departments in other universities in the Sultanate of Oman and in the Gulf region.
- Support the university through adaptive and innovative use of information technology.
- Empower the University staff, faculty, and students through access to the information and tools needed for successful performance as workers, teachers, learners, managers, planners, and decision-makers.
- Support the University’s educational programs and student resources.
- Acquire and provide new, cost-effective information technologies to the university.
- Provide a highly reliable infrastructure and set of computer-based administrative, teaching, learning and research tools to meet the ever-growing needs of the University staff and faculty.
- Provide both general and specialized technical support for those using information technologies in the University.
- Optimize the use of existing and planned investments in systems and technology.
- Reasonably protect information resources and systems from illegal access and use to the best of ability and funding availability.
Back to Top